1. ACCESS FUNDING FOR PARKS AND STREETS UP TO $90,000
The Dept. of Neighborhoods has changed the process to:
- Residents suggest ideas on how to improve their neighborhoods by February 26, 2017
- Team of City and community folks will develop the projects (March and April 2017)
- Community members vote on the projects by District. We are in District 2. (June 2017)
- Winning projects in Districts up to $285,000 will be included in City budgets for implementation in 2018.
2. FREE SAFETY PLANNING SERVICES FOR IMMIGRANT AND REFUGEE COMMUNITY MEMBERS.
The arrest and threat of deportation of DACA program recipient Daniel Ramirez Medina is an extreme injustice and threat to immigrants across America.
With so much fear and uncertainty, El Centro de la Raza will continue to stand up for immigrant and refugee lives, Muslim lives, black lives, and all others who are under attack by the new administration.
El Centro de la Raza is organizing nine days of emergency safety planning assistance and Know Your Rights training for families and individuals who are facing potential detainment or deportation.
For families facing detainment or deportation of parents with children (children with or without status), organizing documentation for the child and arranging for someone else to be a temporary guardian is essential.
El Centro de la Raza Room 213 (2524 16th Ave S)
Wednesday, February 22: 10 AM - 8 PM
Thursday, February 23: 10 AM - 8 PM
Friday, February 24: 10 AM - 8 PM
Saturday, February 25: 10 AM - 7 PM
Sunday, February 26: CLOSED
Monday, February 27: CLOSED
Tuesday, February 28: 10 AM - 8 PM
Wenesday, March 1: 10 AM - 8 PM
Thursday, March 2: 10 AM - 8 PM
Friday, March 3: 10 AM - 8 PM
Saturday, March 4: 10 AM - 7 PM
For more information, visit the El Centro de la Raza website here: http://www.elcentrodelaraza.org/conozca-sus-derechos/