Please join us for our upcoming meeting on February 3rd at 7:00pm at the Beacon Hill Library. See the agenda below. We hope to see you there!
North Beacon Hill Council
February 3, 2015
Meeting Starts at 7:00 p.m.
6:15-6:55 Neighborhood Pre-Construction Coordination Meeting
Please join us to learn about the construction of Plaza Roberto Maestas (PRM), slated to start in March. We will discuss proposed trucking routes, construction parking, sidewalk closures & Walsh Construction team contact information.
7:00 Introductions Melissa Jonas
- Department of Neighborhoods update
- Great Duwamish District Council update
- Neighborhood Matching Funds / Parks & Streets Fund grant information and
- Civics For All “Thank You”
- Beacon Arts update
Kate Gill de la Garza
- Construction coordination at PRM:
- Meet the Walsh Construction team: superintendent, project manager, etc.
- Site plan: job shack location, street and sidewalk closures, etc.
- Construction parking
- Beacon Hill garden is located at 3656 24th Ave S
- Weekly work parties will begin Feb 8th and be held every Sunday from 5-8
- Sign up for the newsletter or volunteer updates
- We are looking for a new farm manager for the Beacon Hill Farm
- See upcoming events below in “Happening Around the Hill”
- Environmentally critical areas (ECA) are based on Growth Management Act (GMA)
- DPD to review and revise its ECA policies and regulations by 6/30/2015 per state
- DPD to correct inconsistencies, improve effectiveness , and verity GMA
- DPD reviewing best available science for ECAs
- DPD will update policies considering any newly-available information
8:30 NBHC Board Meeting (Beacon Hill Resource Center)
- open to the public